New Year’s Intentions for Continued Research Compliance
With the start of the 2024 Semester, your partners in Research Integrity and Assurance (RIA) offer the following reminders to help keep your research operating smoothly and compliantly:
- Do you have new staff or students in your lab?
- New staff and students will need training and other clearances before working with hazards, animals, and human subjects.
- Review research-related policies with all your staff:
The Office of the Dean for Research (ODFR) compiled all research related policies to one page for easy access: https://research.princeton.edu/research-administration/policies-and-guidelines
- Please review your listed personnel in these areas and update as needed:
- Do you expect changes to your research projects?
- Changes to proposed research activities often occur with new research team members.
- Update your approved protocols and registrations to include any new, forthcoming work!
- Reminder that all necessary approvals must be in place prior to beginning any new work.
- Have your research team members reviewed your approved protocols and registrations?
- Ensure your research team is familiar with the approved activities to avoid off-protocol work, personnel injury, and non-compliance.
- Distribute your approved IBC Registration, IACUC protocol(s), and IRB protocols to the lab members who are participating in the activities and review the content during lab meetings.
- Have questions or need help navigating these processes?
RIA’s Post-Approval Monitors are available to assist you with administrative processes and ensure continued compliance in your research programs!
Find out more about their services by reaching out
Please email one of RIA’s offices https://ria.princeton.edu if you have any questions. We are here to help!