We are pleased to announce that the eRIA-IRB system will be upgraded on February 4, 2020. Since its rollout in 2017, we listened to your concerns about the non-intuitive, poor user experience and this upgrade is meant to improve those aspects significantly. Working with the User Experience group in OIT we developed a more inclusive and user-centered approach. Here are some of the changes you can expect to see in the new system:
- Fewer clicks to navigate around the eRIA system
- We combined the Task Assignment window with the e-forms so when you click on an item in Things to Do, it takes you right to the form
- The questions are more consistently formatted throughout the e-forms
- Help text is incorporated into the questions
- We developed a ONE CLICK feature to create a new protocol
- We reformatted the home screen and eliminated unneeded links
eRIA-IRB will be unavailable on February 4, 2020 starting at 7am while we perform this upgrade. We expect to be down for most of the day and we will email the community when the system is again available to use.
We will reach out to users soon to offer a look at the new system and we will provide one-on-one training for any users that are interested.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.